Complete the following steps to successfull install OSC in a VMWare environment:
- Log on to vCenter Server using the vSphere Web Client as the root user.
- In the vSphere Home tab, select Hosts and Clusters.
- Select the required node such as a resource pool, then right-click, and select Deploy OVF Template.
Deploy OVF Template
- Click Browse and locate the .ova file.
Locate .ova File
You may be prompted to install and allow access to the VMware Client Integration Plug-In, if not already completed.
- Review the details, and then click Next.
- In the Accept EULAs window, click Accept. and then click Next.
- Enter a relevant name for the OSC virtual appliance.
Note: The name must be unique within a data center.
- Select a folder or data center of where to deploy OSC, and then click Next.
Select a Folder
- Select the required value from the Select virtual disk format drop-down list based on your requirement.
- Select the required datastore, and then click Next.
Select the Datastore
- In the Setup networks section, select the required switch port group.
- In the Customize template section, enter the network settings for the OSC appliance as shown below, and then click Next.
- Enter an IPv4 address for the OSC virtual appliance. IPv6 is not currently supported.
- Enter the subnet mask for the IP address.
- Enter the default gateway IP address.
- Enter the IPv4 addresses of DNS servers separated by a space. You can specify up to 2 DNS servers; one primary and the other secondary DNS server.
Enter the IP Addresses
- Review the information displayed in the Ready to Complete section, select Power on after deployment, and then click Finish.
Ready to Complete
To make any changes, click Back.
- Monitor the installing in the Recent Tasks section.
- Confirm successful installation by accessing the CLI as well as the web application.